James Black Homes is a trading name of James Black Homes Ltd (company number 10621512).
We try to collect the minimum data possible to respond to our customers requests or to improve our services. The following identifies the circumstances in which this happens:
- When you visit this website.
- When you use our contact form to request further information.
- When you contact us with your requirements.
- When corresponding with you or contacting you about our products and services.
- When you agree to take part in surveys or sign up to receive further information.
- When you apply for job vacancies.
- When you provide us with feedback.
- If you publicly comment on any of our website content.
We may collect the following data about you. This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the below personal data is collected directly, for example when you purchase a house through from us us or fill out a contact form.
Some personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, such as a friend or family member who has asked us to contact you about our services.
- Contact details – Your name, email address and phone number, age/date of birth.
- Your employer, role and company contact details (if you contact us on behalf of a company you are employed by).
- Your employment history and any other qualification related information you chose to provide to us in your curriculum vitae.
- Your purchase, quotation and correspondence history with us.
- Your IP address and website cookies.
- Your payment card or invoicing details, including billing & delivery addresses.
- Dimensions of your property and design preferences.
In certain circumstances we may collect medical and disability information for the purposes of sourcing you an appropriate property for purchase.
Cookies and IP Addresses
We use your IP address and website cookies to analyse your use of this website. These bits of information allow us to track how you use our website as an individual, but don’t give us personal data like your name, email address or phone number. We analyse user behaviour on this website to improve our services, the user experience of the website and our marketing activities.
Google Analytics is a standard tool used by most websites to help them improve their services to customers. You can opt out Google Analytics however by using this tool https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that will will affect all websites and not just this one.
How we use your data
- To help us provide and personalise our service to you.
- To send you news and offers about our services and products that may be of interest if you have opted in to this.
- To deal with any administrative queries or questions regarding your property search/sale.
- To provide additional products and services you may request from us.
- To ensure that content from our website is available in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- For quality assurance testing, market analysis, system testing, analysis of statistics, auditing and performance measures.
We store data on you for different lengths of time depending on the type of user you are and your relationship with the company. We use a combination of criteria to determine how long we keep the different types of data we hold on you.
Some data is required to be held by law and to fulfil our contractual obligations with you as a customer. We also store your data for as long as we believe their is to be a legitimate mutual interest between us, as an existing or prospective customer. For example, you may want to purchase additional properties or sell an exiting home, so we may keep records of what properties you purchased so we can help provide future services.
You have certain rights under the GDPR to remove, transfer or change this data. Please see the ‘Your Data Rights’ section for more information.
If allowed by the applicable law and/or your consent, we may contact you from time to time to provide you with information which we think you may find of interest, unless you have opted out of such contact.
You can contact us at any time to withdraw your details and consent to processing from our marketing database, by contacting email@example.com
We will not make available or sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes. However, If we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business, or if our business is merged or enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we reserve the right to sell or transfer the database maintained by us (including any personal information provided by you) so that service levels can be maintained.
Suppliers and Data Processors
In order for us to provide you with the best possible products and services and an enjoyable browsing experience, we sometimes use services provided by other companies to assist us. These suppliers range from operational (e.g. our accountants), to technical (e.g. our Web Hosting provider, online payment providers).
Where necessary, we may share your personal data with these companies for processing in order to fulfil certain services. This is always done in a secure, confidential manner and your data is only held with the company for as long as is necessary in each case. The organisations will also always have appropriate technical and organisational methods in place to protect your data.